Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Nostalgic Cardinal and Puppy Pictures

The cardinal die for Hero Arts Vintage Christmas Post set makes my heart happy. Here's the second card I made with it.



Looking at the card on my computer screen, I wonder how it would look if the branch were in front of the cardinal's feet. It has a stuck-on appearance that isn't ideal. But I'm having so much fun feeling my way into using die cuts! And that cardinal is just so gosh darn gorgeous wherever he is.

The banner isn't a die cut...I made my own. The banner dies I have are very small, and I wanted to use the wide real estate of this card.

These long cards are not very big...just 6.25" x 3.5". The envelopes are a standard business envelope available at Marco's Paper. Sue C. asked if they take standard postage, and the answer is yes. It's a nice variation on the standard A2 card, and it's lovely not to have to make envelopes to fit them.

And now for a Cooper update.

"Why do I need baths?"

He's getting so big!

Flop ears and gravity lip

Bright eyed and looking for trouble

Our pre-wash cycle

Those ears are hugely perfect
Whenever the world seems like too scary or unhappy a place, look at sleepy puppy pictures. It's hard to be sad looking at that kind of peaceful cuteness.

Mercy, grace, peace, and love,
Susan

Supplies
stamps: Hero Arts Vintage Christmas Post, Papertrey Keep It Simple Christmas
paper: Papertrey white
ink: Memento black, Hero Arts field greens
accessories: envelope, dimensionals, Hero Arts dies



5 comments:

  1. Oh I like this one very much! The vertical cardinal and the horizontal banner with the swoop of the branch to give it movement. Like you, I'm wondering what it might look like with the branch slightly overlapping the feet, and maybe just a smidgen of his lower breast, as if he's intertwined in it. I've been meaning to ask you: do you have a special stamp to draw the lines on the envelopes, which look so nice? or do you do it with a pen and ruler?

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful puppy! It makes me all happy to see such cuteness! I would suggest that you try to remove the white around the birds feet, I think that is the part that makes it look like a sticker, instead of a bird sitting in the branch. To me, that is the downside to most dies, the white edge around the colored images makes it harder to incoorporate them into their surroundings :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The card is lovely but your puppy is beautiful!!!!! I know what you mean by those big brown eyes cheering you up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the card and the Cooper pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!