Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Weird Email Update and a Card

Okay, so I happened to check my junk email when I noticed there were 25 emails in it, and I found a bunch of emails from people regarding the blog. This makes no sense to me as I did receive some emails in my inbox with no problem. Why some went to spam and other to the inbox is a mystery!

My apologies for not replying in a timely fashion, and I will reply today. Thanks so much for all the support and love you've shown since I returned to blogging. Y'all are the best!

Several of you have asked about donations to Karen's Card Shop. We could use more cards, especially Hello, Friendship/Love, Sympathy, Get Well, Thinking of you, and Faith. We already have a lot of birthday and thank you cards, but of course we will take whatever you can send. Remember that I supply white A2 envelopes and package the cards in cello bags. 

Please email me with questions or for my address. I promise to check my spam folder regularly!

I need to take a new picture of the card shop display. The church redecorated a few years back and painted the display black. It looks great. We also added a payment lock box when money began disappearing from the honor-system envelope we were using. How sad is it that people were stealing inside a church? Anyway, the lock box works great and was only about $35 from Amazon, for those of you who are running your own version of our ministry in your church.

And now for today's card, which was inspired by a bath collection from Macy's. The pin keeps defaulting to a picture of the toothbrush holder, but it shows the high-contrast blue-and-white color scheme I used with this oh-so-fun octopus stamp from Hero Arts, along with some Hero sequins. I just love that the octopus is waving hello!


The seaweed die was run through a texture plate from StampinUp, and the sentiment is from Papertrey's Peaceful Garden set. The dotty background is from the ancient StampinUp set Itty Bitty Backgrounds. 


Tomorrow, I will post an update on my journey through anxiety. Things are definitely looking up! But I'm curious to know what you would like to see on the blog. What sort of questions do you have, or what would you like to see in posts? Do you like series (how to use supplies, one set three ways, color variation, design lessons)? Dog pictures? Personal stuff? What would you like to read?

Mercy, grace, peace, and love,

Susan

16 comments:

  1. Hey Susan! I'm so glad to see you posting regularly again. You are one of my all-time-favorite bloggers! I love seeing all the things you post: stamping series, stuff about your life, and certainly lots of dog posts!! haha! Thanks for asking for our input. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate all that you share about how you made the decision for what you did on your card design. I keep learning from you (and sometimes from your mistakes!) I appreciate that you don't push a specific company, just sharing what you use. The sharing of life and family is a bonus! My comments don't always publish but I don't know what I'm doing wrong! Faye

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also am glad to see your posts. Your cards always make me happy and inspire me to try color combinations or layouts. I like your product info and LOVE the family + dogs stories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dogs seem to be quite popular! Thanks for the input!

      Delete
  4. I too am glad to see you posting. I love seeing your dogs and would like more information on composing a design. Also book suggestions would be wonderful. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanne. I will definitely resume the design discussions. What sort of book suggestions? Novels?

      Delete
  5. I LOVE that card. And I will try and send some cards for the card shop! As for what I like to see - your cards (always) and your dog pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning Susan! I am now in my new home in Mesa, AZ. My POD is to arrive on the 22nd. It has most of my crafting stuff in it. I did mail 4 Priority mail boxes to my niece of things I felt would not do well in the POD. I need your new address. And not sure if the email I had for you is still in my email contacts. I won't have internet or TV until late next week so using my phone is having to work. If you see this, please email me at jdarlene@gmail.com. I will send some cards for the gift shop. Love the card! And happy you are back to regular blogging. Blessings on this day that we celebrate dad's. Memories of my special one who is in Heaven are with me always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joann, I sure hope you get settled smoothly and quickly! Our address hasn't changed. We never were able to move.

      Delete
  7. Always enjoy seeing your posts of cards, dogs and perspectives on life. Have you ever thought of writing a novel? Thanks for reaching out for our input. The thing I struggle with is design, especially embellishments. My efforts always seem contrived. Someone recommended the 'spill method', just spilling or scattering sequins/gems out of the jar on top of the card. Sometimes that works and other times, well, it's just a mess! haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Working on a novel right now, in fact. EEEP! Don't spill! I'll start including embellishment advice in my posts. I don't always get it right, but there are some good guidelines that tend to work pretty well in most circumstances.

      Delete
  8. I have the same random email problem, so know you are not alone in that. I enjoy hearing how your card design came about. I also love to see your craft room before and after when you change things around. I find all that very inspiring. Love to hear about the puppies too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!