Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Using SSS Inks in Graduated Colors

So in my last post, I used two colors (Iris and Violet) Simon Says Stamp Pawsitively Saturated Ink with a spritzing technique. Today, let's see what happens when we use all three shades (Heather is the lightest) to create depth in a card.



The results are gorgeous. To achieve this look, I stamped the dark image (Iris) first, positioning it in the one-third spot on the panel. Then I added the light images (Heather) and filled in with the medium images (Violet). The Iris image is the focal point, and the Violet and Heather images fill in the background. I love how solid and clean the inked images are and will likely buy a few more sets of colors that will work well for this sort of layering. 

It's getting to the point where I may have to go to a support group for ink addicts. Do I have a problem? Probably.

The image is from Hero Arts Floral Silhouettes set, and the sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp Tiny Words. The bling was colored with Copic markers, and the background was embossed with a folder from StampinUp. 


Lily chased a deer off our property yesterday. She was very proud of herself. I was proud that she didn't break through the invisible fence boundary. Good girl! The deer will learn her limits and eventually taunt her, I'm sure. 

Today's appointment is with the chemo oncologist. 

Mercy, grace, peace, and love,

Susan

5 comments:

  1. So lovely and understated...perfect for a TOU card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card ... and thanks for guiding us through how do did the colour placements. So helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always learn from your detail of how you made the card. Thanks for the bonus of purple, I needed to see something that would help me smile this afternoon. Faye

    ReplyDelete
  5. ink=color. color=beauty. therefore, lots of inks can never be a problem. beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!