Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Random Thoughts

Please scroll down if you missed the OLW31 post.

I've got a lot on my mind right now, mostly craft related, and it's just so frustrating to be one person and unable to DO IT ALL! Here are some of the things I'm thinking about:

1. The winter issue of Take Ten magazine. Oh. My. Gosh. Would you like me to list all the cards I flagged on my first reading of it? It would take a while! My usual complaint about this magazine is how un-clean and un-simple and un-fast so many of the cards in it are. This issue...well, it'd DA BOMB. Go buy it now. I'll wait for you.

2. Are you back? Good. Isn't that the best issue EVER? Anyway, I'm also thinking about Christmas cards, how mine are not finished, much less signed, addressed, stamped and ready to mail. Ordinarily, I get started on them the day after Thanksgiving while I'm avoiding the malls, but not so much this year. Sigh. I also haven't got a single gift I need to mail packaged yet...and some of them are not even made. WHINE, WHINE, WHINE.

2.5. Also, I have an obcene amount of new rubber and photopolymer right now, and I DON'T HAVE TIME to play with all of it. Feel sorry for me, please. 

3. I just ran into Lincoln's mom at the post office, where I mailed two RAKs and bought my Christmas stamps, so two tasks done. Yippy! Lincoln, if you remember, was a baby who died in May of a dreadfully aggressive leukemia. I had asked for prayers for him here and on my other blog. Lincoln's family is still grieving deeply for his loss, so I ask again for continued prayers for healing and comfort for this family who fought so hard to save their son's life.

This is their first Christmas without him and I thought it would be nice if they got more than the usual Christmas cards, just to let them know that people care. If you would like to send Lincoln's family a card, please email me at susanraihala at woh dot rr dot com, and I'll send you my address. I'll take your cards to them as they come in.

4. It's December. How did that happen?

4.5. This means I have to organize the give-away for OLW29. Help me, Rhonda! Literally, Rhonda, please let me know how many people sent cards. Thanks so much!

5. Next week is the Mark's Finest Papers December release. How did that happen?

6. Why am I blogging when I should be stamping? Why? Why? WHY?

Goodbye for now. Hope you're not as panicked as I am.

13 comments:

  1. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll get through it all. Just breathe deep and make a list. Tough things first, then the rest is a breeze. Remember to enjoy what you are doing, or else why waste time on it?
    I'm NOT panicked, Susan, (which is unusual for me at this time of year!)due mainly to my step-daughter deciding to have Christmas dinner at her place - YAHOO! This means I can make as much mess as I like with gifts, cards, decorations and baking, and not have to have a 3 day cleaning marathon before Christmas Eve. But, I am off to a slow start, just started to think about Christmas cards yesterday!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, iriseyes! I'm hormonal right now. Tomorrow, I'll be back to my cool cucumber self, but OMG, today is a freak out day! And isn't that wonderful about your Christmas! Enjoy the freedom of being guest, not host!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susan, I'm no help at all I'm afraid. We've been shut up in the house all day due to the snow, for goodness sake, so I'm running around like a headless chicken and getting nowhere, see? no help at all.
    Hopefully by tomorrow you will have a cool head and things fall neatly into place again:0) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey Susan.....I really feel your pain!! My life is a frenzy right now...trying to get things done and ready with all my little daycare people. I feel disorganized...just want to stamp but then I get on this darned computer and start cruising around my fav blogs and that's it....I could spend hrs looking at all the wonderful cards and creations. I got some new rubber today too. I wanna play...we can whine together ok...
    hugs,
    Karen D.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bwahahahaha!!!! The sounds of Christmas! That's my song each year...and yet...somehow, I manage to get EVERYTHING important done! You will too, so take a deep breath....one day at a time...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan - You're going to be fine - it will all get done. I'm sure that like me, you have a day when it all piles in on top of you. Then having had a good night's sleep, woken, had a good breakfast - you just get on with it all. Anyway, I hope that's how it works - for me!!!

    Take care, Deborah xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Take a deep breath and have a chocolate. There, feel better now?! Thanx for being a constant source of inspiration, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, hormones, such a help, aren't they? :P I like Sue B.'s advice... when in doubt, go for chocolate. Dark, of course, it's good for you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like task overload to me - I hate that and start to feel a bit panicked when it happens. Making a list and ticking things off when they get done helps me.

    Now I have to add to my task list "buy new issue of Take Ten"!

    You know, we'd all understand if you skipped a day of posting (though of course we'd miss you).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh poor you!!!!OK so this is what you do.......turn OFF the computer! Just grab your favourite James Taylor.....shut your craft area off and relax! You'll have a stack of cards before you know it.
    I posted my cards yesterday...what a relief that was!!! Just the local one to go now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Christmastime, but it can be crazy hectic. Somehow we get through it every year, though.

    I agree with you about Take Ten, and not only because some of my cards were published. The winter issue has cards that would appeal to almost everyone.

    Peace

    ReplyDelete
  12. SO I am reading this post on Dec 6th, and in case you have a ny residual panic left, I wthought you might be relieved to know that I havent even STARTED my christmas cards!!!! Guh...
    I think I am going to make New years cards instead!
    Diane
    diane7@rogers.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!