Tuesday, March 20, 2012

One-Layer Wednesday 84: Pinks and Orange

It's feeling like summer here in Ohio right now, so I thought some happy, summery colors would be fun for us to play with!

This week's OLW84 challenge is to make a white-based card with pinks and orange, sorta like this one:




You may use as many shades of pink (magenta, hot pink, baby pink, whatever) as you'd like, but only one shade of orange. You may use black or brown for the sentiment if you wish, but it's not necessary.

My card uses my new Lock and Key stamp set from Papertrey. I LOVE this set. So much fun!

OLW84 Rules

1. A one-layer card is defined as a single piece of card stock folded in half.

2. Use a white card base, however many shades of pink you want, and one shade of orange.

3. Post your card somewhere online and link back to it using the InLinkz button on the sidebar of Simplicity.

4. HAVE FUN!!!!!



21 comments:

  1. Wow - what an exciting color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card, Susan. Was playing with pinks this afternoon, with a little bit of orange. Will try to put it on one layer tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great color challenge, Susan. These are colors I don't normally use together unless it is flowers so definitely a great challenge for me. Love your card. So clean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great colour combo - can't wait to play!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this PTI set too. Made the cutest graduation invitation using the lock/key sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. I really like the colors and your layout. I never seem to get the "random" stamping to look right!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that colour combo & your card design. Hope I get to play!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very stylish, & a great colour combination.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so talented -- the colors, the random layout that works perfectly, the clever design, WOW!
    Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow great colour combi! And this card is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely layout and colours. The whole card really pops.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love how you laid out your bright card! Thanks for a fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is definitely NOT one of my favorite challenges...I'm SO not a pink and orange kind of girl!!! LOL!! I did give it a try though! Guess that's why it's called a challenge...right?!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE this!!! The colors and the layout are just perfect!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW--I am totally LOVING that non-random card there, Susan! ;) I think this color choice is brilliant! Off to create!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the flow of this one, great colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the colors, layout, EVERYTHING!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for the inspiration! I wouldn't have thought of working with these colors and it's nice to have done this.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this - found it on pinterest - thanks for using my stamp set

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this - found it on pinterest - thanks for using my stamp set

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!