Monday, January 19, 2015

Perfect Balance

As I explained in yesterday's post, I often struggle with integrating shabby chic/vintage/artsy style elements into my CAS style. While I enjoyed making yesterday's cards, they were a bit, um, much for me.

I love white space and visual simplicity, right? Putting ten or so cut-out words on trees feels...excessive.

Right after I made those two tree cards, I made this card, which uses some lovely, soft blues. This card feels so much like me I giggled out loud when I finished it!



The hearts all have crazy swirls, but they are the same heart shape, repeated in a nice, tidy row.

The words are cut out and elevated...to the same height as the big heart and in a vertical row below it.

Angles love curves. Check.

And the words. Oh, my. The meaning fits right in with the crazy swirls and the hearts.

What's not to love? Soft, vintage-y colors, crisp, linear design, great curves, a few meaningful words treated in an artsy style, and plenty of white space.

That's what I call perfect balance.


Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Heart Prints, Simple Alphabet
ink: Fresh Ink Island; Memento Luxe Teal Zeal; Memento Black, Teal Zeal
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: heart punch, dimensionals

7 comments:

  1. Referring back to your posts on Jan 15th and Jan 17th, you've made a believer out of me. I know I have that Hampton Arts stamp, but can't find it. Found another freestyle flower, got my stickles, brush, and water, and had the most marvelous time playing. So I only purged about 15 bottles instead of the entire lot that I was planning on getting rid of. But I love the look AND it's so easy. So I not only played "Use Your Hoard", today I played "Lose Your Hoard." I'm ashamed to say I had 6 containers (tubs, although not large ones) of ribbon. I was ruthless... I am now down to one container. YAY!!!

    Love your card today. I think I need to invest in one more inkpad: Memento Luxe Teal Zeal, because I love the color but not the splotchiness of the dye version of Teal Zeal. And I was wondering if you ever heard back from the manufacturer concerning the dye ink in the latest colors...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card really does have lovely balance! Beautiful! I recently made a card using these exact same stamps (coming soon). ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your cut sentiment Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now this card is it!! I absolutely love it, Susan, and love the way you incorporated the "blue" sentiment...perfection, this card is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes, this looks like you. it looks like what i want my cards to look like. :) thanks for all you write for us that clarifys the whys of things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your colors and sentiment are perfect together.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!