Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Halloween-y Wreath

My niece is 16 years old, and that's such a hard age. You're not really grown up, but you're certainly not a kid. You're probably too cool to go begging on Halloween...and also too cool to hand out candy. You want to be treated like an adult, but inside, you know you're not.

Even if it were possible, there's not enough money in the world to entice me to be 16 again.

Every year, I send my niece and two nephews each a different Halloween card. This year, I wanted Rory's card to be more grown up and sophisticated, rather than something cute with witches and ghosts and goblins, so I pulled out Papertrey's A Wreath for All Seasons set and had fun.



The charcoal gray and dark orange colors speak to sophistication, and the card doesn't look too Halloween-y. Inside it is stamped with a simple Happy Halloween sentiment so the point gets made, and I hope Rory feels more grown up receiving her card this year.

The arrangement of gray and orange rhinestones was carefully planned to try for a good balance, and it seems to have worked. The gray and orange turned out even more sophisticated than I expected, but wouldn't it would be fun to experiment with other colors as well? For a more Halloween-y look, I might try purple, lime green, and orange.



Wow. It says something about me that I'm loving the word Halloween-y. Not sure what it says, but it says something.

What colors do you prefer on Halloween cards?

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey A Wreath for All Seasons
ink: Hero Arts charcoal
paper: Papertrey white, terra cotta
accessories: rhinestones, Martha Stewart bow punch, glue

1 comment:

  1. Sorry, but it looks more Christmas-y to me. Maybe if you add a little pumpkin?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!