Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Verdure

Today's card came about as a variation on these cards which was inspired by this card. I love the depth created by three shades of green:


In addition to the interest of the three shades of green, I popped up the left end of the banner with a dimensional but glued the right side directly to the card base. The punched leaf is then popped up to the same height as the left end of the banner.



The stamp is an old, old, old Hero Arts set called Real Leaves (which includes yesterday's sprig stamp as well). These cards are part of my "use your stamps to make birthday cards for Karen's Card Shop" challenge. I've mostly abandoned that challenge as I've made plenty of birthday cards AND as kind reader Marcia P. sent me a package full of gorgeous birthday cards as a donation to the shop. We are--for the time being--good with birthday cards. Thank you, Marcia, and thanks to all who have donated in the past.

Mercy, grace, peace, love, and gratitude,
Susan

Supplies
stamps: Hero Arts (leaf), unknown sentiment
ink: Memento new sprout; Hero Arts green hills, green; Archival black
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: post-it notes for mask, dimensionals, leaf punch

8 comments:

  1. love this SOOO much. the very pale green ads a perfect touch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful. When I make cards with leaves on I always seem to go for Autumn colours but these fresh greens are wonderful
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so very beautiful! I am going hiking in Oregon and Washington next week and I dream of looking up and seeing a forest canopy like this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love all shades of green, and this card is absolutely perfect. I love the small leaf anchoring the sentiment yet popping off the card. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. *THUD* That was me swooning over this perfect card. I love the greens, so soothing and fresh. I have seen this leaf before but always in fall colors. So nice to see it in green. Great idea on the banner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My pleasure, Susan. :) And I, too, love this card. I'm a nut for leaves and have a hard time resisting a new leaf or leaves stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow I am really enjoying your blog! I love how you use your older stamps in your collection & really get a lot of life from them! I actually have a lot of the older stamps you post here on your blog & I just love it! Thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!