Thursday, April 26, 2018

Thanks with More

As promised, a thank-you card using StampinUp's Endless Thanks...with more than yesterday's card had on it.




Endless Thanks has a cute collection of tiny stamps to use as accents with all the sentiments, so I decided to use ALL of them on one card. Tiny stamps sprinkled randomly over a tightly defined area give a pleasing effect, especially if you aim to create vague visual triangles with the colors. Note that the triangles are irregular, and not all colors form them...just most.

Note also that you could draw a light pencil line to keep your stamping straight, but I eyeballed it.

The color combination was loosely inspired by this pin, with variations to accommodate the ink colors I had. I love the combination of cool and warm colors.



The bling became a way to reinforce the randomness-with-order structure of the design. There are only two large rhinestones (no visual triangle, unless you count the sentiment as a large black spot, which might be stretching it). Then, there are three small rhinestones (visual triangle...yay!). If I'm doing the math correctly, that makes five total rhinestones, a pleasingly odd number.

I made a third card with this set but don't like it so I will not share it. As one of George's B-1 instructors used to say, in a VERY southern accent, "It was a good idea that shouldn't have seen the light of day."

Live and learn.

Mercy, grace, peace, and love,
Susan

Supplies
stamps: StampinUp Endless Thanks
ink: various dye inks
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: rhinestones


5 comments:

  1. This color combination is delightful. You may have eyeballed the randomness, but I'm taking notes! I'm really enjoying picking out the patterns and seeing how you varied the visual weight of the stamps with the frequency of the colors to achieve balance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So....I tried to copy this design with the stamps I had but both attempts were dismal failures. After moans, gagging sounds, and much frustration, I balled them up and tossed them into the trash bin, never to be seen again. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no!!!!! I'm so sorry for the moans, gagging, and frustration. Some days are like that. I bet if you tried again, you'd get it!

      Delete
  3. Hi Susan! Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us. Would you mind sharing the name of the set that you use for the front of your envelopes?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!