Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Lots and Lots of Bling

There are three "kids" I know (other than my son and niece) who are graduating from high school this year. One is a young woman, and the other two are young men. I've known them all since they were about four.

I feel old.

Anyway, I wanted to make graduation cards for them, so here's the one for the young woman. I went a little crazy with the bling, but it makes me happy. Hope it makes her happy, too.




The grass is an old Hero Arts shadow stamp, and the tree comes from Papertrey's Father Knows Best set. The sentiment is from Clearly Besotted's Happy Days set. I wanted to make the colors happy and fun for a woman who is an amazing student and has a heart for God.

Looking at the close-up photo made me realized I missed a bling! So glad I noticed and can remedy it!



Graduation time is so much fun, and I'm excited to see where life takes these young people. Do you have a flurry of graduates this year? Are you making cards? Share links in the comments if you've posted them online and inspire me and others!

Mercy, grace, peace, and love,
Susan

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Father Knows Best, Hero Arts shadow, Clearly Besotted Happy Days
ink: Archival vibrant fuschia, electric lime, black; Hero Arts charcoal
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: rhinestones, Sharpie to color them 

2 comments:

  1. What a happy tree! I love the way the leaves are presented—a reminder that leaves (or anything else) don't have to look real. Good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because you mentioned it, I had to go looking for the 'missing' bling. And then I thought, you could leave it blank and just tell her she 'stands out among the crowd'. :) And pink and green just make ya happy!! Love this card.
    Lu C

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!