Thursday, July 12, 2018

With Deepest Sympathy

Sympathy cards are always hard to make when you need them. I needed this one. Altenew's Wildflower Garden made making this card easier.

Can you tell I love this set?



The colors are soft and serene, but the movement of the stems adds interest and a bit of wildness to the design.





Our time at Lake Vermilion is winding down. Friday will be our last full day, with an early departure on Saturday. We've had a lovely week, and as always, I'm sad to be leaving and happy at the thought of getting home.

Here's last night's sunset from our cabin's deck, looking across the bay.



Mercy, grace, peace, and love,
Susan

Supplies
stamps: Altenew Wildflower Garden
ink: Hero Arts soft granite; Archival sky blue, black
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: none


6 comments:

  1. Hi Susan, I have been following your blog silently for quite some time. Loved this card. I felt that the two curving stems signify a sympathetic hug for the sad person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning card, Susan. Totally gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have many sympathy cards made and stored, so when I need one, there is one ready.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've gone through too many sympathy cards these past few months. Need to make some more so I'm not scrambling at the last minute. I like the soft granite ink. It keeps the card soft and soothing. This is a very versatile stamp set. Would love to see you post even more cards with this set.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card! I agree with Anjali in that the outer flower stems are a great representation of a hug. That is what I noticed the minute I saw the card. A perfect set to make sympathy cards. Thanks for the inspiration.
    Lu C

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!