Monday, August 13, 2018

My New Obsession

No stamping today, but here's a little glimpse of what's been keeping me from my craft desk.

Today was college-prep intensive, with a new adjunct orientation (including an active shooter video from campus police); getting a faculty ID card, mailbox, and locker (since adjuncts don't get offices); and a visit to human resources. Oh, and a stop at Starbucks. Which is in the library.

Isn't that heavenly?

I also got the key to my classroom on the main campus.



This level of technology in the classroom is completely new for me. I do NOT like how the monitors divide up the class. As a vertically-challenged individual, I worry that students won't even be able to see me or hear me. Oh, well. We will make it work. Somehow. Maybe I can ask George to make a box for me to stand on.

Would the symbolism of getting my getting up on a soapbox be counter-productive?

One thing gave me confidence, however. I turned on the computer and projector, logged into my account, and synced the monitor and projector properly on the first try. Like. A. Boss.

Now, if only it works so well on the first day of class....

With classes starting next Monday, my next task is developing the syllabus for the two classes, which I can finally begin because my computer account is fully up-to-date.

Oh how joyous it is to plan a semester again!

Thanks for your understanding in this time of transition.

Mercy, grace, peace, and love,
Susan





33 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You're only losing me temporarily. Once I get organized and Son #1 off to college, I'll be back stamping!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on making this wish come true. Yay you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh - so exciting! Congratulations!! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Starbucks in the library = heaven on earth! lol! I believe you will make that class so interesting, the students will sit on text books so they can see over their monitors. You go girl!!
    Lu C

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATS! And good luck!
    many ♡ ly greetings sent by
    Sabine from WO(rms) in Germany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sabine! Greetings to you in Germany!

      Delete
  6. If your teaching style is anything like what you give us on here then your students will be very lucky - even if they are constantly wondering where that voice is coming from!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best wishes on your new endeavor – – you're going to do great – – you've been a great teacher to me, even though I have never seen you over the top of my computer screen either!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you have awesome students. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's sounds like you are having fun with you new endeavour!!! Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Best wishes. I too am so happy for you. I can hear your happiness in your writing today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's bubbling up out of me in fire-hydrant jets, LOL!

      Thanks, Jeanne.

      Delete
  11. Wish I could be in your class! Wishing you all the best for your first class.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is very exciting for you and most interesting to us! Thanks for taking us along on your new journey... BTW, exactly what does "adjunct" mean in this situation?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll explain adjunct in my next post. I'm glad you're interested. This is a stamping blog, and I wonder how many people care about my adventures in higher education.

      Delete
  13. Congratulations, Susan! Re-entry to teaching and the beginning of a new adventure is always exciting. Good luck on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are so excited, George may need to tether you,so you don't float off. Am so happy for you, as this is obviously your dream. Your students will be the lucky ones to have you.Happy lecturing, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! He's staying out of my way. Smart man.

      Thanks, Pat!

      Delete
  15. Hi Susan! You actually make re-entry into the workplace sound wonderful! I'm so happy for you and wish you much success in your new endeavor. Do keep us posted when you can! ~Pamela B

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!