Saturday, September 1, 2018

It's September!

Despite icky heat and humidity that feels more like Columbus, Georgia, than Dayton, Ohio, fall is here. We know this because Starbucks is selling pumpkin spice lattes again. I can't bring myself to have one yet, however, because my shirt keeps sticking to my back like it's frappuccino time.

Alas, we in the U.S. midwest who love autumn must delay our enjoyment of sweaters and pumpkin spice everything a bit longer.

We need not, however, delay making Thanksgiving cards. Long-time readers know of my crusade to save Thanksgiving. I encourage you to make Thanksgiving/autumn/gratitude cards and send them in October or November, regardless of whether (not weather) or not your country celebrates Thanksgiving.

We don't need a national holiday to express our appreciation for the people who make our lives better.

Seriously.

So I'm going to start posting some Thanksgiving Crusade cards this Labor Day weekend.

Here are two cards with (essentially) the same layout (one of my favorites, actually). Both use Papertrey' First Fruits stamp set...and oldie and a goodie.




This yellow (Archival saffron) is delightfully autumnal. A little bling is all it needs to dress it up.




Olive greens can evoke an autumnal feel when used with this two-step acorn image. I adore the phrase "autumn blessings" for Thanksgiving Crusade cards. You'll see it again.



These inks are chalk inks, rich and opaque.



Do you plan on sending Thanksgiving/gratitude cards this year? If so, how many? To whom do you send them?

Mercy, grace, peace, love, and gratitude,
Susan

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey First Fruits, Hero Arts (sentiment for top card...not sure which set because I broke it up)
paper: Papertrey white
ink: first card Archival saffron, potting soil; second card Versamagic tea leaves, pesto, jumbo java
accessories: rhinestones and Copic/Sharpie markers to color them

2 comments:

  1. I make cards that I give to my colleagues/daily consultants, often with an Apple thing, because I'm always learning something from them, and they are patient teachers. I don't wait for autumn/Thanksgiving, but it's nice to increase the pace of expressing gratitude in that season.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!