Saturday, October 6, 2018

Getting It Done on World Cardmaking Day

As soon as I saw the email from Ellen Hutson about World Cardmaking Day, I knew I had to make something no matter how many papers I have to grade this weekend.

So I made this.



Yay! It was inspired by this card by Shari Frost-Job in Stampers Sampler.



You might be wondering how I got my card from Shari's bold and funky Halloween card. I can't really recreate the hour-long path that lead to my card, but that path started with Shari. So thank you, Shari.

This is my favorite kind of creating: receive inspiration, meander through supplies, adapt, make a big mess, make something that is mine.

What did you do this World Cardmaking Day? I'd love to see!

Mercy, grace, peace, love, and gratitude,
Susan

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Peaceful Pinecone, In the Meadow; Hero Arts Vintage Christmas Post
paper: Papertrey white
ink: Memento rich cocoa, StampinUp old olive, Hero Arts soft pool
accessories: markers, ribbon, corner punch (StampinUp)

2 comments:

  1. "This is my favorite kind of creating: receive inspiration, meander through supplies, adapt, make a big mess, make something that is mine."

    This could have been said by ME! Your statement says it perfectly—with one addition: I get a lot of inspiration from you. So thank you, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your card very much, and I can see Shari's inspiration in it. I made 2 cards yesterday, both for challenges which I don't usually do, and then later I learned it was World Cardmaking Day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!