Friday, December 14, 2018

Blue Birthday

Today's birthday card was inspired by THIS PIN, which uses negative space for the sentiment and for the darling little hearts die cut out of the colorful, raised panel. I didn't have the tiny heart dies but did have some starburst stamps from Papertrey that worked well when heat embossed with clear ink and embossing powder.

The rest of the card owes thanks to Tim Holtz inking tools and distress inks.




This is the time of year I start making birthday cards for my extended family for the next year. (The above card goes to my nephew Mac...who never reads this blog so he'll be surprised!) Don't you be surprised if you see lots of birthday cards in the next month or so. I even ordered some new birthday-themed stamp sets with gift cards given to me for my birthday last month.

How sad is it that I'm just now getting around to spending those gift cards? First-world problems.

And yes, I'll take a picture of the goods when they come in. One order has already shipped. So yay!

And I'd like to share my inspiration board. These cards have been sent to me over the last year. More resided on another board over my work desk (as opposed to my craft desk). After snapping this shot, I took all these down and moved the ones from around the corner to here, expecting to have plenty of room left over for incoming Christmas cards. But the board is mostly full again.

How lucky am I to receive so any beautiful cards from so many talented artists?


So much awesome! My heart is full.

Mercy, grace, peace, and love,
Susan



5 comments:

  1. that shade of blue is gorgeous!! happy return!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful card! Doesn’t it feel good to be creative (in a cardmaking way) again?
    I’ve missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that blue card! I haven't had time to do any stamping recently, but I'm tempted to run up to my craft room RIGHT NOW to grab some inks and cardstock, and to make my own version!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!