Friday, January 17, 2020

Postage Dies Are My Favorite!


Okay, it took me a long time to decide to buy the Hero Arts Infinity Postage Stamp dies. I thought maybe they would be a waste of money...would I use all the different sizes? would I get tired of them? would the sun go supernova before I got my money's worth out of them?

Overthinking may be a wee bit of a problem for me. Perhaps. I don't know.

Anyway, I'm now thinking all the different sizes are a huge bonus, postage stamp designs never go out of style, and the supernova thing is sort of ridiculous. Soooooo glad I bought these!




The smaller sizes obviously fit better with my commitment to white space, as with today's card. But the huge die I used with the Hero Arts palm leaves stamp in my last post turned out spectacularly and convinced me to start exploring some new possibilities.

I'm in LOVE. And the old PTI Simple Alphabet has numbers and letters, so it's easy to add a faux postage value...today's in pence, which made my Anglophile heart go pitter patter.

The leaves are from old punches in my stash.

The old and the new playing nicely together. YAY!

Mercy, grace, peace, love, and postage,
Susan





9 comments:

  1. How lovely! Great cas design! I have been wanting these dies too. The last time I was shopping at Hero Arts they were sold out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is something about postage stamp designs/dies. I'm in the process of going through my stamps and may have passed my PTI Simple Alphabet set along until I saw your beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet card. Postage Dies are delightful. All HA Infinity Dies are a good investment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looked at these dies several times and thought they were too pricey. Your last two posts have pushed me away from that negative thinking and I'm going to order them today. My bank balance thanks you. Ha!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is STUNNING!! I LOVE postage dies and I think the tiny postage amount just amps this simple card up. This is STUNNING!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, how much do I appreciate your simple but wonderful ideas? Lots and lots!!! I'm new to card making and am getting caught up in getting too detailed, "needing" all sorts of new supplies.
    You're helping me to think waaay differently, thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS. Please, what are the PTI Simple Alphabet stamps?

    ReplyDelete
  8. PTI stands for Papertrey Ink. They’ve changed ownership and I’ve not kept up with what’s going on. Their Simple Alphabet stamp set is a clear, photopolymer set of tiny little letters and numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Love this card, it's stunning.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!