Sunday, February 16, 2020

Make-Believe Mushrooms and Asking for Advice

I wanted to play around with the mushroom dies I bought months ago, and here's the result.  I intensely dislike the photo, which looks so gray and dreary in the full card picture. I had to buy a new computer (the last one gave me 7 good years, I think) and don't have Picasa photo-editing on the new one yet. I can't brighten the picture further without it looking incredibly artificial.

Picasa is no longer available, so clearly I'm going to have to do something else. Recommendations, please?



These 'shrooms bear absolutely no resemblance to any naturally-grown fungi. But they sure are colorful and cute! I scribbled Arteza brush markers on an acrylic block, spritzed with water, and stamped the paper. A little heat from a heat gun dried the wash quickly, and then I cut the paper with the dies. I added the dots using my little StampinUp speckled background stamp. The sentiment is from Papertrey's Sign Language set.




It's been a crazy week with planning and taxes and such, but I hope I can stamp a little more this week.

Mercy, grace, peace, and love,
Susan


9 comments:

  1. Simply love this! They are such cute shrooms!
    Can't help re the Picassa as I have had Photoshop for a long time and it does for me - but am sure someone will come along with good advice. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the 'shrooms. I use Photoscape...

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the card. adorable. I sent you an email with my advice on editing photos! Joan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still using Picasa too and will be interested in what you find out! Some of my artsy friends use Picmonkey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the card! Hope you send it to a fun guy! (Sorry - I couldn't help it!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such fun mushrooms! Where did you get the dies?

    Amazing what a little white-balance can do, isn't it? PicMonkey used to be one of the best free photo editors, but now they only have paid plans, apparently. Pixlr and Photopea are both great and free. Photopea and Pixlr E are similar in capability to Photoshop (lots of customization, layers, and detailed tools); Pixlr X has a simpler interface and more basic tools, more like Picasa and PicMonkey.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like Irfanview for simple editing; I've used it for years. It's not online though - it's something you install

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!