Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Circles, Lines, and Postage...Oh My!

Today's post focuses on a fabulous color scheme of mostly aquas, but I varied the layouts with circles, lines, and faux postage. All three cards use Papertrey's Peaceful Garden set. Lovin' them all!

First up, circles.




Then, a straight line, with a tad of sponging to define the line better. I added Hero Arts Soft Pool to the aquas...a lovely, complementary color combination.





Finally, my favorite (if I had to pick one, just because Postage Infinity Dies are my favorite right now).



The butterfly was punched from some light green vellum that wasn't quite the right shade, so I sponged ink onto it to give it a bit more definition. I also masked the edges of the postage die cut with post-its and layered two identical die cuts to add some depth. I wanted to add a sentiment but couldn't bring myself to mess with the simplicity of the layout. It's kind of perfect...or I'm a coward. Whatever.


Such peaceful colors...perfectly in keeping with the Peaceful Garden images.

What brings you peace these days?

Mercy, grace, peace, and love,
Susan

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards! The second one is my favorite. Love the black 'birthday' over the aqua 'happy' with the tension of the printed word over the script one :)( I really wanted to use scripty but that stupid red line kept coming up! ha!)
    Lu C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely makes and such a calming colour choice too

    Happy Wednesday

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. GOLLY YOU DO MAKE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL CARDS = I will have to have a go at one of these somehow I know they wont be as CAS as yours - keep safe and free from the virus x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Swoon! Especially for that long card with the soft silhouette flowers flowing into the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Truly very serene cards. My favorite is the postage stamp. Take good care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are all my favorite! And I have two June birthdays. You made my day!

    To my shelves to find substitutes for Peaceful Garden. StampinUp/Pocket Silhouettes for flowers? Altenew Wildflower Garden for leaves? Or Papertrey Daydreamer for grasses? I think my postage-stamp die is too small, but we will see.

    What size is your long card?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cards are so beautiful!!! I LOVE the colors you used!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love them all! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!