Thursday, July 16, 2020

Embracing the Heat

It's been so hot and humid in Ohio (and will only get worse this weekend), so I decided it was time to embrace the heat with a beach scene (even though I'm in a land-locked state). I long for salty breezes and the peaceful sound of waves on the shore. 


The stamps are from Gina K's Hello Sunshine set, except for the star fish, which is from Hero Arts. The orange and gold Copic coloring was easy without shading, but masking the chair to stipple the sand was extremely fiddly. I don't really like orange (except for autumnal shades), so this card took me out of my comfort zone with color. It also gave me a chance to use some BIG bling. Yay!


What are your favorite calming sounds? For me, ocean waves are definitely in the top three, along with babbling brooks and humpback whale sounds. 

Stay calm and healthy, and love your neighbor!

Mercy, grace, peace, love, and kindness,
Susan


2 comments:

  1. What a cheerful, sun loving card! The ocean has been my 'happy' place since I was a teenager, driving to the beach every weekend during my high school years. (yeah, that is a run on sentence but that is the way I 'talk' ;)
    Lu C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another different card from you, Susan. I like it. I love to step onto my deck first thing in the morning, still wearing my PJs, still kind of sleepy, and listen to the birds calling to each other. I have to agree with you, though, that the ocean is my favorite place. I have been lucky enough to visit Niagara Falls twice, and love that booming sound of the water. I feel it in my chest. That probably sounds weird, but I have no other way to explain it. My zodiac sign is Aquarius, the water sign. Maybe that has something to do with it? Stay cool! Still blazing hot here in Va Beach, no rain in sight.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!