Wednesday, August 19, 2020

More Good Bugs in the Great Weirdness

Butterflies, as we have established, are good bugs. So are ladybugs. Ladybugs don't bite, they eat aphids, and they come in a range of fun, happy colors with polka dots. What's not to love? We have quite a few hanging around our house now. Cooper ate one on the front porch yesterday...which somehow seems to sum up the weirdness. 





I always look forward to fall and the season of pumpkin spice everything, but today's cooler temperatures caught me by surprise. Time seems to have lurched quickly since March, and part of me finds it hard to believe that fall is right around the corner. Those lovely ladybugs will be hibernating soon. 

So why do I feel stuck in limbo, like so much of life is simply on hold...indefinitely? The Great Weirdness is doing a number on my head, folks, and on many of my friends and family as well. It's easy to slip into anxiety and depression, even if you're not normally anxious or depressed. Take care of yourselves. Reach out and get help before you sink too low. Acknowledge the weirdness, but don't let it win. 

A great way to stand up to the Great Weirdness is to do nice things for people. Just one small thing a day. Send a card or small gift to someone. Buy their coffee. Send them a fun text or meme you think they will like. Whatever it is, do it intentionally. Those small gestures make a difference...sometimes all the difference...for someone else and for yourself.

So just do it. 

Mercy, grace, peace, love, and kindness,

Susan 

7 comments:

  1. love this card just because ... my son loved ladybirds as a child so takes me back years to this happy time .I agree this is a weird year but not a weird card x keep safe

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this card. those pops of ladybugs literally just shine! It's a long hard slug of a time, and it is doing a number on a lot of people, particularly those who care about others. Hope getting back to teaching helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those ladybugs! Trust me you're not the only one who has been caught up in the great weirdness, this is something few of us have ever known. Liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love this one too! I may need to borrow this idea to create a card for a good friend who loves ladybugs!
    I'm trying to deal with the Great Weirdness - trying to find something to smile about everyday. Thanks for your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I said WOW to myself when I saw your card, Susan. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card and your words of wisdom. I keep telling people I'm bored with it all. People mistake my words for "not busy." Oh I'm very busy but I'm bored with the sameness of every day. I went to a different grocery store just to shake things up a bit. I like your idea of sending cards, texts, emails, etc. Just reach out to someone and change up their day a bit.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!