Saturday, January 23, 2021

My Purple Valentine

Today's card was so much fun to make, but once I finished it, I wondered why I stamped the colors and then die cut instead of just using colored cardstock. It's a mystery.

Oh, wait. I made this card at 1:00 a.m. after waking up and being unable to fall back asleep. My brain gets wonky at 1:00 a.m.




What crafty gifts did you receive (or buy for yourself) for Christmas? I have a little Christmas money burning a hole in my pocket and would appreciate some ideas!

And several people have asked for pictures of Cooper since I posted pictures of Daisy. I threw in a Daisy pic as well. Poor Daisy had surgery on Thursday. She's fine, but weird places are shaved, and she looks like she has a black eye (cyst removed from eyelid). These pics are from last weekend (pre-surgery, obviously) when we had a little snow. 



"What?"

"Play with me, Daisy!"

Alert Dog

Zen Cooper

Mercy, grace, peace, love, civil discourse, and kindness,

Susan

3 comments:

  1. At 1:00 a.m. I'm pretty sure I couldn't produce anything that would be worth sharing. I really like the illusion of depth by combining a stamped element with a diecut. Your fur babies are beatuful. Very glad to read Daisy is doing well, sweet old dog that she is. Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card...especially the great layout! I did buy myself something for Christmas..always a fun thing to do. This year it was a rechargeable airbrush kit (airbrush & compressor all in one)...This is to blow my alcohol inks around into pretty designs (hopefully) It's a nifty little fun tool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this and I agree that die cutting the cardstock would have been easier but it will give a different look I guess. Both would be great. Love your dogs!!! keep those dog pics comeing please

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!