Sunday, April 26, 2009

Font of You Umbrella


I hope the subscriber box works now.

I love SU's new set Font of You. It's different from SU's usual stuff and very appealing to the English major in me. Wouldn't it be wonderful to see SU come up with more crisp, unique designs like this one?

And of course now that PTI has an umbrella set (SO CUTE), I need that one, too. Sigh

This card is pretty straightforward. I stamped the sentiment on a scrap of white cardstock and trimmed it to a 3/8-inch strip. I then used SU's Word Window punch upside down, pushing one edge of the strip into the opening from the bottom so only one rounded side was punched at a time. This allows you to make the window bigger to accommodate sentiments that are too wide for the punch.

The center panel of the umbrella, cut from an image stamped on a scrap, is popped up with dimensionals. It would be loads of fun to make the center panel a different color, but I was in an orange mood when I made this and aiming for monochromatic.

Hope you like it!

PS If you subscribe and received this in your email, please let me know you got it and everything is working. Thanks!

Supplies: PTI white cardstock; SU Font of You stamp set; only orange classic ink; dimensionals

5 comments:

  1. Hey Susan,
    What a so cute card....love the way you popped up the center of the umbrella. Great card for today where I live....it is rainy and dull but your card cheered me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan this is ADORABLE!! Love the popped up piece and colors...and your right that SU Font set is really neat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan, this is fabulous! I love the 3D center piece, and the monochromatic look rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Susan - this card looks great and this set is nice. It has such a PTI look. Hmmm - do I need to get it??

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!