Thursday, August 13, 2009

More Christmas Text Cards

These two cards are wonderfully straightforward. I made the focal points by stamping the Christmas text on scrap cardstock and punching/cutting holiday shapes. The hanger for the ornament card was cut freehand from an SU scalloped oval in real red, and its string is a gold marker line drawn with a ruler.



The tree trunks were punched with a slot punch I bought at Joann's, and I cut the trees with a craft knife and quilting ruler.



Both of these cards would be easy to mass-produce and to modify using other holiday background stamps, such as holly, swirls, and snowflakes. I challenge you to improvise, working only with what you already have, to make similar cards. If you feel like it, link to your gallery/blog when you're through so we can see what you've done with this extremely simple idea!

Supplies
stamps: text stamp (unknown)
ink: real red, hunter green
paper: PTI white, SU real red, hunter green
accessories: dimensionals, scallop oval punch, craft knife and quilting ruler, gold metallic pen

13 comments:

  1. Susan
    These are both awesome!! How clever using the scallop punch for the ornament top and the three trees is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea, it looks so effective.
    I am going to try it as soon as I get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love the Christmas text. So eye-catching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally fabulous, Susan! You amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you're on!! I particularly like the trees!! MMMmmmmm, I am going to have to dream up some great take on this so I can create in the morning. I'll be back with a link!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo, these are perfect for mass-production!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quite simply, I will be CASEing these....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, I took your great challenge and now have my card posted!! Check it out here:

    http://wiggysworldofcrafts.blogspot.com/2009/08/susans-challenge.html

    It is soft and quiet as well as CAS!! Thanks for the challenge...you should do it more often :D *wink, wink*

    ReplyDelete
  9. just checking to see if I had posted...sorry for the double posting

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very sweet--I love that text stamp---wonder if I have something like that hanging around here!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are fantastic , will definitely be CASEing them.
    TFS your great ideas, never thought of using part of the scallop punch.... sure will now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous! What fun ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!