Monday, November 16, 2009

Razzleberry Butterfly



This year, I decided to buy StampinUp's multipack of In-Color paper and the pack of markers so I could have all the In Colors as inexpensively as possible. I will not do that again. Basically, markers are GREAT for coloring in stamps with multiple colors (which I only occasionally do), but they are NOT a great replacement for pads (which I use all the time!). I don't even LIKE all the in colors this year, either. Penny wise, pound foolish.

I have felt sad every year before that I couldn't justify spending so much to get all the in-colors, but there have been a few I've regretted purchasing (like True Thyme). Add to all this my frustration that Cool Caribbean and Wild Wasabi are NO LONGER AVAILABLE (whaaaaaaaa!), and the sum of my attitude toward In Colors is ambivalent.

Now that I got all that off my chest, it's time to talk about today's card. The butterfly is from SU's retired Natural Beauty. The sentiment came after the panel was stamped: the butterfly looks lonely, doesn't it? The darker color scheme reinforces the miss you sentiment, and I intend to send this to the troops for their use.

Rich Razzleberry is my favorite of the In Colors this year. Next, I plan on using it on a predominantly white card because it should really pop prettily, don't you think? I tried that with Crushed Curry, and the resulting card is so sad looking that it's getting recycled. Blech.

Have a great Monday, everyone!

Supplies
stamps: Natural Beauty, PTI Simple Little Things
ink: Rich Razzleberry, Soft Suede
paper: Rich Razzleberry, Soft Suede, white
accessories: ribbon, dimensionals

11 comments:

  1. So glad to hear I'm not the only one disappointed in the latest in colors. You did a great job with this card and your use of the one color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the berry and brown combination - like my husbands favorite candy - dark chocolate covered rasberry jellies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe, I totally know what you mean about the "In" colors. I bought the paper and a few of the inks - not all of them (too expensive) but it is even worse when you buy the ink pads and then....run out of paper!!! I have Cranberry Crisp ink and only a few sheets of paper left. Once that paper is gone, I'll have this red color and no paper to match it... not helpful!! I did, however, buy a few extra packs of the multi-pack paper when Wild Wasabi, Soft Sky, and River Rock were in it because I did really like those colors...and I own the ink pads.

    Gee, enough of that!! I do love your card. I like how you tied the know so that the dots are on the tails only. I thought the soft suede was gold!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan, what initially caught me about this card is that the bow mimics the butterfly. I like that! Beautiful colors. Did you run your gold pen around the edge of the white panel? But then how did you tuck the side of the ribbon under that? Hmmmm......

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in the same thinking pod as you are.
    I use to love (still do but they are hard to find) Marvy Matchable ink pads. They are only 2" in size so they don't take up a lot of space (you can get 66 in a plastic shoe box) and come in a vary of colors. They use to be much cheaper than normal ink pads because they were smaller. I also heard they work with Copic markers. So in my world you get more bang for your buck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another coloured card base??? :P Very pretty card. I don't have much SU stuff at all, but did score a rich razzleberry stamping spot from my demo -- such a pretty colour! P.S. I love that funky patterned paper on your book from yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Last year was the first year I did ALL the 'in-colors' Did not bother this year.
    Great card, RR is a strong color, I love how you used it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Natural Beauty is a SU! set with which I'll never part!! Love the idea of stamping it without coloring it - I always think this set is a lot of work because I put myself in this coloring paradigm (trying to sound smart tonight).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah..."In colors". I love, love, love Soft Sky so I stocked up before it went away.I ALMOST bought those markers this year as I have whined about them not being available in the past, but decided I didn't "love" any of the colors enough for that investment. I have bought all of the pads and paper up until this year and only 3 of the colors interested me. Your card is delightful as always!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the colors you've used for your pretty butterfly card, Susan!!

    My favorite In Color is Cool Caribbean (hope they bring it back some day).

    ReplyDelete
  11. I too am not a fan of this year's in-colors. I bought the multipack of cardstock and still have 95% of what came in the pack. I do agree that this purple color enforces your "miss you" theme.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!