Wednesday, June 22, 2011

One-Layer Wednesday Challenge #59...I Am an Idiot (Edited)

Jennifer and I arranged a month ago that I would post OLW59...and I promptly forgot. So of course, it's late going up. Sorry, folks. I totally dropped the ball.

Before I go into it, let me say you all did an AWESOME job with OLW58. I'll finish leaving comments today (I'm getting better about that!), but seriously, you all ROCK!

Here is OLW59, and I will come up with a card later today to share. OLW59 is an inspiration challenge based on this photo I stole from Pinterest:


Now, I know some of you are intimidated by inspiration challenges. Let me remind you that the inspiration piece is just a starting point. You can take your own interpretation of it in any direction that you want. For instance, with this picture, you might use a jar and flowers image, just the colors, a grid of circles, flowers without a jar, a ribbon wrapped around your card, a wood-grain background, a collection of something other than flowers,  etc. Really, there's so much you can do with this picture. Don't let my list limit you!

Edited to Add my Cards:

First up a tidy arrangement using Gracious Vases...my PTI order arrived today! I used crystal effects on the vase and three yellow blings on the flowers (they look too dark in the photo, thought).



Next, a whimsical thank you card based on the grid of the jars in the photo. The flowers were arraned to form a triangle, and the thanks sentiments are from Clear and Simple, Papertrey, and Hero Arts.


Some of you have already posted cards, and I'm off to look at them now!
OLW59 Rules

1. A one-layer card is defined as a single layer of cardstock folded in half. No other layers allowed.

2. Make a card using the above photo as inspiration. Remember to keep embellishments to a minimum.

3. Upload your card somewhere online and link to it using the InLinkz button on the sidebar of Simplicity.

4. Most important of all: have fun!!!!



13 comments:

  1. LOVE the inspiration photo! I don't use yellow enough, so this might give me a jump start! and no, you are definitely NOT an idiot :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Virginia, the yellow is why I chose it. I don't use yellow enough either. Last week's challenge was a jump start, but I need more practice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely inspiration!!! Thanks! I´ve added mine!

    Hugs
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards Susan but I know that is going to take me a while to come up with an idea befitting the inspiration that you have given us. A great challenge though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are both great. love that sunny, summery yellow. of course, I am partial to the on a grid!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two lovely cards. I'm impressed at how many elements of the inspiration photo you were able to reference in your first card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cards are beautiful and amazing. I've yet to try making a grid card, but you really make me want to try.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved reading your thought process as you are faced with such an inspiration. You are so right, it is sometimes hard to really let go and think laterally when there's an image to use as a reference. Thanks, as always. Love that double score line - great way of grounding things!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great inspiration photo - I think yellow always looks so pretty - but it's a tough one!! Off to have a think.
    I think your vase of flowers is just gorgeous, but the grid layout sort of calls to me!! Fab cards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great challenge,it really got my brain thinking and I loved doing my card.The bright colours lifted my spirtis so 'Thank you' for choosing the photograph as the inspiration.
    Bev.x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've only just managed to get organised enough to do these wonderful one layer challenges so I was on the edge of my seat waiting! But the wait just makes us appreciate it all the more Susan! A great inspiration photo and some fantastic samples - I love the little vase grouping particularly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. brilliant cards sorry seem to be behind again !!! not enough hours in the day Luv Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun cards - love the yellow and grid layout. Such a cheerful card to brighten someone's day - love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!