Tuesday, January 10, 2012

One-Layer Wednesday 74: Red and Pink

This week's One-Layer Wednesday challenge is to use red and pink...and ONLY red and pink...on a white card base.

Like this:




Any shades of red and pink will do, so feel free to use Bravo Burgundy or another dark red as a substitute for black or brown (as I did on yesterday's card).

Also, your card need NOT be a Valentine's Day card. Some people don't like Valentine's Day. I get that.

OLW74 Rules

1. A one-layer card is defined as a single piece of card stock folded in half. No other layers allowed.

2. Use any shades of red and pink ink. No other colors allowed.

3. Wow. I sound like a dictator.

4. Upload your creation somewhere online, and then link back to it using the InLinkz button on the sidebar of Simplicity.

5. Most importantly, HAVE FUN!!!

Supplies
stamps: Inkadinkado (birds), Papertrey (Love Birds, hearts)
ink: SU real red, regal rose
paper: PTI white
accessories: half pearls, Corner Chomper

15 comments:

  1. Love this! You do OLCs to perfection!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant card Susan, so lovely to see OLW back, Yippee!! Gay xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hard to believe a one-layer, one-color card could be so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what???? no black sentiment??? sheesh, you like to make it hard
    :-) Love these red birds

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my. I love this, Susan! Those birds are fabulous in red. I love red and pink together. Can't wait to play along. :) Ann Y.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, Susan. I love the teardropish shape. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet Susan! LOVE those tiny pearl accents...Hope my Rudolph made it to you with his nose still attached..LOL! I always wonder if the bling gets there still on...Happy New Year! Cookie :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful challenge, as always. My challenge was picking the right red and pink, since they don't all get along so well side by side. Yours look great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sooooo happy to have OLW back! :) GORGEOUS card--those little love birds are too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's great to have OLW back - and I like the challenge this week. Your card is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the inspiration, thanks ladies, my 1st time around and really enjoyed making this!!
    lotsa luv

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, Susan, for bringing the OLW back! Hope you are finally settling in your new home and craft room!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That card is adorable. I especially like the way you did the card's corners.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!