Monday, October 6, 2014

Silver and Gold

I experimented with silver and gold embossing powders. Here's the result.



Before I added the red rhinestones, it was pretty boring. The gold and silver are not strong enough to carry a card, at least not used in such small quantities as my design allows for. Adding the red created a lot more interest.

I'm also not quite sure about the font of the sentiment. It worked so well on this other card, but the points and curves and dotty flourishes of the holly border stamp (Papertrey's Holly Jolly) don't quite invite the same clean modern font as the leaves from the other card.

I don't have enough Christmas sentiments.

Seriously.

Can we ever have enough sentiments?

That's a rhetorical question.

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Holly Jolly, Clearly Besotted sentiment
ink: clear embossing ink
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: rhinestones, extra-fine gold and silver embossing powder, embossing gun

5 comments:

  1. and we can never have enough silver and gold. fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, Susan, I don't believe we can ever have enough sentiments. I have need of large sentiments and flourished/curvy sentiments in particular. I like the gold and silver combo of your card. The red looks really good. I thinks a more curvy sentiment might look a bit better, but the one you used looks fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. where did you get the extra fine embossing powders from - they look amazing.Going to have to order the set too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm redoing my craft room to make room for ALL THE SENTIMENT SETS. Never enough.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!