Thursday, May 28, 2015

Spotlighting

The row-of-trees stamp in the Gina K Sun-Kissed Autumn set is so much fun! Y'all know my coloring skills are iffy...sometimes I surprise myself (like here) and sometimes I laugh at myself. After two attempts to color the trees with Copics and laughing at myself, I decided to try something different. Spotlighting popped into my head.


First, I stamped the trees in Kaleidacolor ink (cappuccino) for that lovely spectrum effect. Then, I cut a mask out of copy paper, removing just one tree's insides with a craft knife.


Adding sponged ink through the mask was fun. I debated how grainy to leave the ink (the more ink you put down, the smoother the ink looks) but finally decided the grainy texture worked fine.


And I added the bling because the design needed a little shine.

I haven't given up on coloring these trees...but I'm happy I tried spotlighting them!

Supplies
stamps: Gina K Sun-Kissed Autumn
ink: Kaleidacolor, Hero Arts
paper: Papertrey Ink white
accessories: sponge, rhinestones, copy paper, craft knife

2 comments:

  1. Spotlighting does wonders on a card, and you aced this one, Susan! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks bunches for starting my day out with a huge smile after seeing your oh! so lovely card ^_^ The bling is such a terrific finishing and professional touch!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!