Thursday, June 18, 2015

Penguin...Chef...Father

The Memory Box penguins are adorable. I have three: Aviator Penguin (which was my suggestion to Memory Box!), Coffee Penguin, and Chef Penguin.

My husband wishes he were an Iron Chef. He loves to cook, to invent new recipes, and to get excited over his mise en plus.

So when I made his Father's Day card, I pulled out Chef Penguin and got to work.



Green is his favorite color, although these shades might be a little bright for him. I don't know. But it's cute, no? George will get a kick out of it for sure.

To make this card, I stamped the chef in Memento black, masked his little feet, and stamped the oval (A Muse) with Impress's Fresh Ink grass. Chef is colored with Copics, so this card uses Gina K deluxe white card stock in 120# weight...so no bleed-through.

BTW, if you cut a mask for an image, keep the mask after you use it. I put mine either on the top of a wood-mounted stamp like Chef Penguin or on the case of a clear stamp set. No need to repeatedly cut out masks if you don't have to!

Curious reader Darla has asked that I write a post addressing how and when to use different kinds of ink. Honestly, stamping ink is a very complicated subject that, for me, has involved an enormous amount of trial and error. I'll put my thinking cap on and see what I can come up with. In the meantime, you can read what I have already shared about the inks on the Product Talk tab at the top of the blog. There's already a lot of information on that page.

Supplies
stamps: Memory Box, A Muse, Clearly Besotted
ink: Memento, Impress Fresh Ink
paper: Gina K white 120#
accessories: Copic markers, post-it note for mask


5 comments:

  1. This is truly cuteness at its best! Happy Father's /Day to your hubs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you used that shadow oval stamp Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute cute card -- I love the way you grounded him :) Have a good week end~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aviator penguin?! I must check that out. I've always wanted to suggest to someone that they need to make a glider stamp, or better yet, a whole set of planes in a variety of shapes and sizes. That, and some good dragonflies is what I find is missing in craft world.

    Cute card, and I love the greens. I should make a Fathers' Day card tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card!! Chef Penguin definitely looks ready to cook! I had never heard of (or done) mise en place until I learned about it on Food Network from Chef Anne. It really helps me to make cooking more enjoyable. (Plus, I can do all the chopping and prepping while sitting down at the table!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!