Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Artsy Quilt Inspiration

As soon as this photo of a very artistic quilt design by Ursula Kern popped up during my Pinterest browsing, a card popped right into my head.




Yep. An idea came to me, I executed the idea, and it turned out exactly as I wanted it to turn out.

Y'all, success like this NEVER happens to me. Inspiration for me usually proceeds awkwardly and with fits and starts and mistakes and unexpected problems and even more unexpected solutions. Inspiration is a messy PROCESS of creating my own thing from a springboard of someone else's creativity.

This card happened just right the first time. Which is good because stamping all those circles took forever and I won't do it again.

But what a pleasure to have it work so well!

To make this, I drew lines out from the central circle and used My Favorite Things Party Patterns and a few other smaller circle stamps from other random sets to fill in between the lines. After finishing the stamping, I erased the lines, stamped the sentiment, and sat back with a smile on my face.

Don't you love it when a plan comes together so easily?

Of course you do!

Supplies
stamps: My Favorite Things, miscellaneous circles, Papertrey sentiment
ink: Hero Arts cornflower, soft sky, soft graphite; Memento black
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: pencil, eraser

13 comments:

  1. it works!! glad it came together the first time. it's an unusual but beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joan! It is unusual and not to be sent to just anyone. I have an artist friend who, I think, will love it!

      Delete
  2. Works perfectly. I understand what you mean about the process, sometimes I get sn idea and start and then find it takes a number of different transitions before I get anywhere near what I visualised. It can be so uplifting to get there in one go even if it takes forever. I love the look of this card and can imagine anyone receiving it would too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. JEALOUS! That so rarely happens to me. My cards generally morph and take on lives of their own.

    I love that quilt, but the way. Not for my bed, as my eyes would cross from all the bright, but because it's not a set pattern. *I* could make that! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd put that quilt on my bed! And no way could I make it. No way at all.

      Delete
  4. Great job!! This card deserves a huge smile!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really cool. I am smiling along with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I love when the plan in your head translates into a great card! very cool mf.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great design and I enjoyed the inspiration pic too. I love your placement of all the tiny circles.
    Heather T

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!