Friday, September 22, 2017

Embellished Elegance Three Ways

Thanks for all the responses to yesterday's post. There's no real consensus, except that many of you wondered if the busyness would go away if the text background were in a lighter gray. Others wondered if putting fewer stems on the middle panel would fix the problem. I suspect both are correct. Lighter text and fewer stems would definitely make the card more "LateBlossom."

But it's fun to stretch and pull yourself creatively every now and then, and that's what yesterday's card did for me. Despite my mixed feelings about the result, the process was fun!

And now for today's sympathetic triumvirate.

Embellished Elegance is a pretty set from Papertrey, and being in need of a number of sympathy cards for my own use, I decided to experiment with the set. How many different looks could I get out of the set for sympathy cards in one sitting?

Turns out, the answer is the same as the number of licks to get to the center of a tootsie pop.

Three.


First, pink and green, with a little bling.  The sentiment comes from Gina K. The frame of vines is lovely, symmetrical, and a bit like a hug.



Next, an autumnal border of olive and orange, with a little white-on-white layering. This sentiment is from Papertrey.


Finally, my favorite. Soft blue-green ink, bling, and my favorite sentiment for sympathy cards (also from Papertrey). The soft, natural background adds interest without being overwhelming.

If you're looking for a challenge this weekend, try pulling out an older set you've not used in a while and make three different cards. It was fun going for three very different looks!

To close, can anyone tell me why the little boy in the tootsie pop commercial appears to be naked? That's a puzzler.

Mercy, grace, peace, and love,
Susan





4 comments:

  1. These are all lovely. The first is my favorite. I love the delicate framing of the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the 3rd card the best - but all 3 are great

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done, Susan. All three of these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for these awesome 3 Cards made with this Set! It is so great when I see an older stamp set being used. It seems now-a-days with all the companies and new releases stamp sets don’t get enough time! Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!