Saturday, September 23, 2017

Lazy Girl's Coloring Method

Y'all, last week I was bragging to a friend about how patient I am with the puppy. And I am. Truly. I'm as surprised as anyone, but there it is, me being all calm and patient like a grown-up.

At least until Friday, when he did #2 not once but twice in his crate, covering the inside of it and the outside of himself with filth, and also went #2 not once but twice on carpet. The cleaning! The laundry! The wretched smell!

Unbelievably, he's still alive.

Note the disassembled crate. I had to do that TWICE. So many screws.
Cooper is still wet from his second bath of the day.

The vet told me to shift him to large-breed puppy food, and apparently I moved a little too fast. Poor pup. Poor me.

So after weeks of ahh-ing over impossibly cute Cooper pictures, those of you who were thinking it's time to get a puppy are now happy to continue living vicariously through me. Because people, it's not all cute sleeping puppies and puppy breath. Not by a longshot.

"Poop happens. Let's play!"

Tuckered from so many baths.

Let's talk about stamping.

Now, in case you're new to this blog and haven't picked up on it yet, Simplicity is about, well, simplicity. Coloring intricate, detailed images isn't simple. Or fast. And I'm basically lazy.

So here's an idea for creating interest in a trice: color a simple background on a scrap of paper using three shades of Copic markers, stamp images in black, punch or cut out, and assemble on a card.

Easy peasy.


Can you imagine coloring nine of these tiny squares separately? Perhaps you've done it and might even have found it relaxing. Good for you! I'm not so patient as all that. My patience only extends to adorable puppies who are still alive because of it. There's none left over for time-consuming coloring.

Papertrey's Quilter's Sampler set is truly perfect for creating comforting quilt cards for sympathy or get well themes. And a gradient of purple is soothing.




Simplicity and sympathy go hand in hand, don't they?

Mercy, grace, peace, and love,
Susan

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Stamper's Sampler, Gina K sentiment
ink: Archival black
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: 3/4" square punch















6 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for this idea. I've owned this stamp set since it came out and just never knew what to do with it. No more struggles now. Give Cooper a big hug; in a few more weeks he'll have his mommy trained :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you had puppy issues. The ombré look is quite striking on your card. It makes a lot of sense to color the pattern that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this set too, thanks for the great idea!

    I changed to using wire ties rather than the screws/bolts. Then when I need to take apart, snip, snip snip. And easier to put back together too! Don't even need to do through every hole. Good luck with puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved everything about this post! I enjoy your blog sooooo much - thank you ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!