Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Inspired by Yoonsun Hur

As soon as I saw this drop-dead gorgeous card by Yoonsun Hur, I had to CASE it. Of course, I don't have the dies she used, so I had to improvise with what I had. The resulting card is simpler than Yoonsun's--and far more complicated than mine usually are--but I love it!


Mine is NOT a shaker card like Yoonsun's (obviously). The sparkle all comes from amazing glitter paper (Michael's). I used the blue and silver glitter papers, die cut the trees (Hero Arts), and punched the snowflakes (Martha Stewart).


Obviously, my trees and snowflakes are heavier than Yoonsun's delicate dies, but that's okay. When working off an inspiration piece using only what you have on hand, some components of the design will change. That's okay! My version still makes me giggle with glee!

I hope you like it, too.

Peace, love, hope, and joy,
Susan

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Ways to Say Merry Christmas
ink: Hero Arts charcoal (or maybe Archival watering can...I can't remember exactly)
paper: glitter paper, Papertrey white
accessories: dimensional tape, Creative Memories circle cutter, craft knife (for free-hand cutting the snowy slope), tree dies (Hero Arts), Martha Stewart snowflake punches, glue pen


13 comments:

  1. That baby is drop dead gorgeous!!! Since I am still making cards myself, I am definitely to going to CASE your CASE. Thanks!
    Lu C

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! So do I CASE Younson's or yours? LOL
    Truly lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and so far from your comfort zone. I almost like your design better. I might have to CASE this one too

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both you and Yoongsun have made awesome cards. Both are so gorgeous.Thanks for sharing this card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful - lovely contrast between the smooth matte white and the glittery colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning. That glitter paper makes an impact. Glitter paper has come a long way from the flakey stuff it used to be.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes,Yoonsun's is gorgeous, but so is yours. And yours has the added benefit of comfort from seeing you adapt supplies. Of course, I never have all the exact tools/supplies the designers have, and I often think that makes my copy unacceptable. Thank you for squelching that thought. You can bet I'll be casing your CASE.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very lovely-my husband says he likes the simplicity of your card better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely! Isn't it great when our hobby gives us so much happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card. Love what you did! Glitter papers are great. Very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful! Love the use of glitter paper!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!