Sunday, December 10, 2017

Snowflake Thanks

Ho, ho, ho! 

We have, for the second weekend in a row, procrastinated. Our tree has lights and ribbon and an angel on top, but no other decorations. In my defense, I did decorate the book-themed tree in the basement. But the two trees upstairs (the one we cut down before my husband had surgery and a small artificial tree) are simply lighted and beribboned.

If I thought I could get away with leaving them thus, I would. 

I'm a lover of simplicity, after all. 

But my children. My husband. Not so much.

Anyway, I needed a bunch of thank-you cards for myself and made this one when I was feeling delightfully blue. 



Papertrey's Ombre Borders and Hero Arts ombre ink make a lovely card, don't you think? That border stamp looks a bit like frost on a window. The bling is blue, and so are my husband's eyes. Although he has two that are roughly the same size, whereas the card has three of varying size.

I should stop free associating.




May your holiday preparations move more quickly than mine. 

Peace, love, hope, and joy,
Susan

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Ombre Builders, Hero Arts Thank You sentiments
paper: Papertrey white, baby blue; StampinUp ballet blue
ink: Archival black, Hero Arts ombre blue
accessories: snowflake punches, glue pen, rhinestones, Copics to color the rhinestones

5 comments:

  1. Love the card! The lights are the best part of the decorations on a tree anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this. So simple and I can see using this inspiration for other types of cards as well. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was ready to put up my tree, but my daughter said "we have to wait until her siblings get home as it something we have always done together". But they only return on 18th and 21st which is a bit late for me. Just decorated our book club table for our Christmas dinner tomorrow. Simple, natural & beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's too bad blue gets a bad label - I love it! Great card! BTW, my tree is prelit and up, but that's it. I keep avoiding it. Shhh!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!