Tuesday, January 16, 2018

My Favorite!

So, back in March, 2009, when this little blog began, I posted a card with my favorite layout ever. It still is, with twists that make it more interesting.




Here's where I'm at today with this design: additional layers of white-on-white and greater sense of movement. The matting brings the three images close together and unifies the design in a very clean way. I also chose a small sentiment and placed it off-center.

These tiny changes give the whole card much more energy, yet it also remains true to Leonardo's precept that simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

Does this mean I've learned a thing or two in the past nine years? I hope so. I sure didn't use Copics nine years ago, either, yet the images are colored with Copics. Not too bad for this old dog.




Speaking of dogs, I'll try to post new pictures of our BIG puppy. He's growing so fast (already over 50 pounds) and is as tall as Daisy. His head is much blockier than Daisy's, so he looks bigger than she is already, even though she's still got some pounds on him.

Finally, thanks to all of you who've weighed in on dies. I've got lots of ideas and some sense of direction now. Y'all are the best!

Mercy, grace, peace, and love,
Susan

Supplies
stamps: Hero Arts Summer Garden, Thank You Messages
ink: Memento black
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: 3/4" square punch, dimensionals, Copic markers

4 comments:

  1. Oh, now I just have to make something with tiny squares. This layout sings, and I love the movement you achieved with the stamps.

    Just yesterday I was telling myself that I didn't really need Hero Art's Summer Garden set—and here you are, convincing me that those wee images are too charming to resist. I can't even pick a favorite square between these three!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was this basic layout that I saw a few years ago that I loved and "gave me permission" to get back to stamping in a clean and simple way. I'd been so caught up in background techniques that I'd lost sight of what I really was drawn to. So thank you again! However, I look at your matting and wonder how you get everything so darn straight! Still befuddles me. Would love tips on this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!