Monday, February 12, 2018

Wonderful, Part 5

Well, that was interesting.

We upgraded our modem and lost WiFi for a day. You don't realize how dependent you are on technology until you can't use it.

Everything is working properly again (and much faster, so YAY!), and here I am with our fifth and final Wonderful post. These five posts all show cards using the Wonderful Stamp & Cut set from Hero Arts, the point being that a well-designed sentiment set can produce a lot of different styles and uses.

Of course, I made all five cards, so they all look like LateBlossom cards, but imagine what you could do with this set to make it YOUR own, with your style and your purposes!

Today's card harkens back to a simpler time (before WiFi outages) when the wonderful Louis Armstrong sang What a Wonderful World. I love that man's smile. Would that we all could give such wonderful smiles more often. It's one of my favorite songs.

When I realized the Wonderful stamp set had the words What a Wonderful World in it, I decided to make a card honoring the song. It's a little busy for me, but still crisp and clean...and full of meaning.



Trees of green; red roses, too; clouds of white. I tried to work skies of blue in there, but it looked dreadful. Perhaps one of you will take the idea and make it work.

The die-cut word wonderful is stacked three deep for extra dimension. With just two layers, it didn't stand out enough given the height of the craft foam that's lifting the stamped rectangles. The white-on-white worked better for me than any colors did.




As you might imagine, this card took longer than usual to finish and required a lot of tinkering. Even finding the right stamps took surprisingly long as I had to rescue the rose from cold storage. Still, it's such a fun way to commemorate a song--and singer--who make my world a little more wonderful.

Thank you, Mr. Armstrong. Thank you very much.

Mercy, grace, peace, and love,
Susan

Supplies
stamps: Hero Arts Wonderful, Flower Garden; Papertrey Father Knows Best
paper: Papertrey white
ink: Hero Arts charcoal, green, red royal
accessories: craft foam. cloud punches (Fiskars), glue, coordinating die

6 comments:

  1. Oh this card. That sentiment tugs at my heart. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your design is awesome, and the colors pop. You are really getting a lot of use from your products.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember the band playing this one at my 1st wedding- a "wonderful" memory many years in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Done! Enjoying your "wonderful" series. Inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And I think to myself, "What a wonderful card!"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!