Saturday, July 13, 2019

An End in Sight

Whew. The insurance company finally came through, and the restoration company should be putting everything back to order starting at the end of next week. They call it "put-back," which isn't a very creative name, but boy howdy, do I want it.

The chaotic aftermath of the flood isn't over yet, but hopefully, it will be in a week or two. In the meantime, George and I are going through the mess trying to purge as much junk as possible. There may be some grab-boxes of crafty things for sale soon!

I still have a few cards from before the flood to share. Today's card makes fantastically minimalist use of some of the MANY bottles of Stickles littering my embellishment drawers.



My original plan was to add a raised sentiment over the stems, but there wasn't quite enough room so this card remains sentiment-less.

I think it's fine just as it is.

Because glitter. Glitter is good.



This style...mostly black with touches of bright color...truly satisfies the minimalist in me. It's a go-to design that always works.

What are your go-to designs? I can't stamp right now, but I can live vicariously through you!

Mercy, grace, peace, love, and put-backs,
Susan




4 comments:

  1. So sorry you are going through this! Best wishes for a speedy 'put back'❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love "no sentiment" cards in my stash for those times when I need a card quick :) Glad for you the insurance company finally came through. Looking forward to pictures of your 'new' stamping area.
    Lu C

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! The crisp black and white with the pops of color is fantastic. As soon as I finished reading your post, I dove into my box of stamps to try to find outline images I could use for a similar effect. No luck, but I'll let the idea percolate. (Also, I should let my images hang off the edge of the card or focal panel more; it really does add so much more movement to a CAS card. Thanks for the reminder.)

    My go-to design is a small, Copic-colored image centered on the upper-third line with a sentiment right beneath it to ground it. The layout's quite basic, but it's practically foolproof, so it's what I fall back on if I'm pressed for time or uninspired. Can't get much better than a quick, simple one-layer card.

    I'm glad to hear that the havoc of the deluge is beginning to ebb. I hope you guys are able to get the basement back to rights quickly and without any unwelcome surprises. (Is it ever really house repair if something doesn't go wrong when you're almost done?) Praying for peace and strength for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!