Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Layout Inspiration and a Huge Thanks

First, the huge thank you to Kathryn and Pat for their generous and lovely donation to Karen's Card Shop!

Kathryn's cards

Pat's cards

These beauties will be stocked within the week. 

Today's card layout was directly inspired by (copied from!) THIS PIN


The inspiration card is light and lovely, but since I don't really have many delicate word dies, my design is a bit more weighty, with darker colors for my flowers and bling arranged in a visual triangle to anchor and unify the design. 


I went totally old school with the deckled edge, creating it with a very old pair of deckle edge scissors. But those are kind of awkward to work with, so I ordered some dies with deckle edges...along with a few other supplies.


Another smaller order came yesterday. I felt the need to try some new inks (Simon Says and Altenew). I already have more ink than I need, but I'm loving the gradations of color in these two lines. A few more Distress cubes and Archival inks were added to my already big collections of those inks. 

I may or may not have a problem. 

We shall see.

Mercy, grace, peace, and love,

Susan

6 comments:

  1. delightful card and if that's a problem, it's a good one! I love seeing what other folks are buying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a huge order....I agree with Joan B, fun to see what others are buying! Inks are addictive (& dies & stamps), I've focused on Catherine Pooler & Distress inks for the moment. Gads, storage, if nothing else becomes problematic! Have some altenew inks, but never were thrilled with them...too blotchy..but everyone else loves them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too right about storage! I remembered I have a bunch of pigment inks that have been sorely neglected. Instead of buying even more inks, I've pulled them out and am having lots of fun with them! I really like the Simon Says inks I bought, and the Altenew ones as well. The Altenew ink reminds me of Hero Arts ink...starts off blotchy but dries smooth.

      Delete
  3. You are so welcome for the cards. It's fun to see them in your blog - thanks! Oh what super fun it is to get new supplies! That is not a problem in my eyes. It's good therapy! Now you've inspired me to get out my deckle edged scissors as I love the subtle layers in your card and the inspirational 'pin'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, again, Pat for the donation, and have fun with your scissors!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!