Saturday, November 4, 2023

Be There

I'm currently working on our Stephen Ministry ornaments, which will be distributed the first Sunday in Advent. These ornaments (I will post after we hand them out) represent our congregation's annual reminder that not everyone is happy for the holidays. In fact, this year, after so much has happened over the last three years and worldwide (especially in the middle east), the medical community is seeing a spike in mental health problems. Big surprise. 

The holidays bring a lot of pressure and a lot of loneliness for many people. For some, it's the first Christmas after a loss (whether of a marriage, job, health, or life of a loved one), and those firsts can be especially hard. 

So today's card reminds us to be there for each other, however we can. And to let others be there for us, however we can. 


Whenever you get a chance to be with someone who's hurting or stressed, you're fulfilling the teaching not only of Christ but of so many other faith traditions around the world. We are social creatures...even the introverts! We need each other. And sometimes, just getting a card helps someone know they are not alone. 

Mercy, grace, peace, and love,

Susan

3 comments:

  1. I love this so much! I find myself alone during the holidays much of the time. I know others do, too. Perhaps I'll jump on the bandwagon & make some of these to mail out to my single friends next month. 🩷

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice card and I so understand...especially since my husband died a few years ago. The Holidays are hard...already looking forward to them being over...which sounds so dreary I know. I do muddle through...one day at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am dreading the holidays as people in my family are quarreling. But, the grands will be home from college. Your card is perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!