Thursday, November 16, 2023

Soft Blue-Green for Christmas

So I have a lot of fun making watercolor backgrounds for cards, but then I struggle to use them. Today's cards were made with Distress inks smooshed onto acrylic blocks, spritzed with water, and then pressed onto watercolor paper. I let the block sit on the paper until it's mostly dry, which gives a more intense color. 



Of the two, I prefer the first...it's cleaner and has a nice triangular design anchored by the straight lines. Plus, those poinsettia dies are to die for! The stag card is a bit busy for me, although I do like the ribbon base and bling, and how it contrasts with the matte finish of the watercolor square and die cuts.

Either way, using the watercolor backgrounds to create clean and simple cards with simple shapes definitely makes me happy!

Mercy, grace, peace, and love,

Susan

2 comments:

  1. I love the colours and the designs of both of them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors...and the layout of the first one too... Just speaks to me...softly.. How are you these days?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!