Friday, June 14, 2024

Craft and Art and Thirty-Eight Years

Craft

Today’s card is another sympathy card, this one featuring the soft, sweet, peaceful technique of creating watercolors with multi-step stamps from Altenew. 

First, I inked the stem stamp with old paper distress ink, spritzed it with water, and stamped on watercolor paper. Then, I let it dry. Second, I inked the flower with tattered rose, spritzed, stamped, and let dry. Third, I inked the flower center with wild honey, spritzed, stamped, and let it dry. Fourth, I stamped the sentiment (Papertrey, very old) in Simon Says cozy ink. Finally, I flicked specks of old paper and tattered rose onto the card stock.

Drying time is pretty fast, but if you don’t give each impression a chance to dry, the colors might run together. If that’s what you want, go for it! If not, let that stuff dry in between impressions.





Art


Our new dining room table is a work of art. Our previous table lasted 30 years, and we fully expect this one to last just as long or longer. 


I am in awe of the artistry of this furniture. The chairs are so comfortable, and the cherry top…simply magnificent.

Thirty-Eight Years

And today is our wedding anniversary. My word, we’ve gotten old!


Man, that cake sure was good…thanks to cousin Gail! 



Mercy, grace, peace, and love,
Susan



2 comments:

  1. Congratulations for your Anniversary, I hope you are being spoiled!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so great to have you back blogging and inspiring! Happy anniversary indeed.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!