Saturday, June 15, 2024

You Are Wonderful

Today’s Question: Have you ever used Sizzix stamps, and, if so, did you like them? I found a set on sale at Marco’s and bit. The images are darling, but the stamps themselves feel different from my usual brands. They obviously stamp just fine (see card below), but I do so love the smell of photopolymer in the morning, and these don’t really have an odor. So just wondering if this is an issue for anyone or just a variation on normal.

Today’s card goes out to all those who have contacted me about sending cards to Karen’s Card Shop! Charlotte A’s shipment arrived today and is already packaged for me to take to the shop tomorrow. Thank you all so much for supporting this little ministry. We’ve pulled in $5,000 since 2016, and keep in mind the pandemic hurt sales considerably for several years. EVERY ONE OF YOU who has donated over the years is wonderful!


To make the card, I took a 3” x 4.25” scrap and randomly stamped images from the set onto it in Archival black ink. I’d planned on coloring with Copics but forgot to use Memento Ink, so I flexed to Distress inks and water colored the images with them. (Note that Archival ink is waterproof but will bleed with alcohol markers like Copics.) For most of the images, I left a lot of white to keep the whole effect feminine and soft, and then I used a black mat, heat embossed the “you are” on black cardstock, and then diecut the “wonderful” twice, glued them together, and then glued them onto the card. The sentiment is from Hero Arts.

While this is a busier card than I usually make, it certainly was fun! What do you think?

Mercy, grace, peace, and love, 

Susan


4 comments:

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!