Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Copics and Pretty Trash

I’m enjoying my Copic storage tower of little plastic drawers, and it’s making coloring with Copics easier. Well, it’s much quicker to find the right one, which is easier, I suppose. 

This new set from Hero Arts provides a lovely design for basic Copic coloring…which is the only type of Copic coloring I do, actually. 


It’s important, I think, to keep things real, and coloring with Copics results in pretty trash on more occasions than I might wish. Which is fine because the amount of trash made has very slowly decreased just as my stash of Copics has very slowly increased. So either I’m getting better or my standards are lowering. Either way, having a growth mindset and tolerating the pretty trash works to my advantage.

By the way, the phrase “pretty trash” was given to me by my friend Leslie, who lost her battle with breast cancer years ago. I miss her snarky self. Her screen name was Crooked Stamper. 

Bob Ross was wrong, bless his heart. There ARE mistakes, and we thank the good Lord that we don’t have to share them in public like Olympic athletes do. Holy cannoli, I can’t imagine the pressure those athletes are under with all the world watching! And what about the garbage thrown at Simone Biles in Tokyo? Seriously? She’s showed them. 

Go, athletes!

And now I’m off to mix some spicy birdseed for our Birdfy feeder. The cardinals are quite perturbed that the feeder has been empty since yesterday, and are very vocal right now. Today’s pics from the feeder show the birds’ irritation, such as this lovely lady glaring at the camera!


Or this one who pitched a hissy fit. 



Such a diva.

Mercy, grace, peace, and love,

Susan





1 comment:

  1. I love your simplicity, Susan, and the birds are fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!