Monday, August 5, 2024

A Very Cool Baby Shower Idea

 Over Christmas last year, I made a birthday card for each of the first 12 years of my great-nephew’s life. I wrote a letter for him to read when he opens the last one, signed them all, and sent them to my sister, who put them out for all the baby shower attendees to sign. 




Most are not my usual style, and they are all large, 5 x 7 inches. My favorites are 5 and 9. Which are yours?

Little M was born in February, and I got to see him when he was only 2 weeks old. I’m back in Maryland now and got some quality baby time. He’s adorable, but his parents do not want his picture online, so I can’t share. 

I can, however, share some pictures from the Phillips Museum in Washington, DC, the first of which will make you laugh if you’re a long-time reader of Simplicity.


The pear at the bottom of the table. Oh, my! (In my best George Takei impression, LOL!)

This one is so sweet…Nick and I having a moment with Renoir. 


Isn’t the painting gorgeous? The Luncheon of the Boating Party. It was bigger than I thought it would be. Nick and I enjoyed discussing the painting, especially trying to understand what’s going on between the woman and two men in the back right corner.

Mercy, grace, peace, and love,

Susan


1 comment:

  1. Those cards for the baby shower are a neat idea. I really like 4 and 10. regards MarieQ

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!