Monday, March 30, 2009

CAS08 Challenge

Head over to Splitcoast for this week's Clean and Simple Challenge...It's a sketch! The sketch was inspired by this beautifully CAS card by StampGroover.

Here are my cards.


The duck has lived in a drawer in my craft room for years waiting for the perfect project...and now he gets to go swimming. I am so happy for him!


Hero Arts mushroom sets are so adorable. I colored this in with Bic Mark-It markers on Papertrey Ink's heavy white cardstock.

Simplicity Tip: If you can't afford/don't want to spend hundreds on Copic markers, get the Bic Mark-Its and Sharpies. For about $50 you can have a huge selection of colors. It's not just like having copics, mind you, but the marker strokes don't show, so you can get really smooth, even color over large areas, and with a little practice, you can do shading (though I didn't on this card...just keepin' it simple!).


This card has little layers...more than I usually use, LOL! But they were punched out (so very simple), and the layering gives "punch" (sorry for the pun) and weight to the very small image.

Thanks for stopping by!

I'm heading on over to the CAS08 Gallery to see what everyone else is making! Why don't you join me?

4 comments:

  1. Saw these all on SCS, but I just had to comment again--WONDERFUL! Susan, you are the queen of CAS! I just love your work! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all three cards Susan! I'm so glad you liberated the duck - he looks so cute bobbing up and down on the waves! Ali

    ReplyDelete
  3. More 'simply' beautiful cards .... you certainly know how to create CAS at its best.
    The little duck is so cute (I have things lurking in drawers that need liberating too!!!).

    I think this blog is going to be a favourite place for me ... thanks for sharing your huge talent

    ReplyDelete
  4. love them all!! I love that cute little duck...I am so happy for him too!! You are brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!