Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Hero Arts Swirl Christmas

Hero Arts consistently puts out stamps that make me very happy. I mean, could this set be any more appropriate for clean-and-simple stamping? I think not.


Given yesterday's tutorial on the rule of thirds, let me point out that the sentiment is in the upper left sweet spot and the tree is mostly inside the far right third of the card. That little bit of scooting of the image to the right of the imaginary line gives the card a bit of interest (bending rules can be quite useful) and allows the tree to go off the bottom and sides of the card, giving it a more grounded look. If I had placed the tree directly on that imaginary line, the right corner of the tree would have been unattractively crowded against the edge of the card. This way, it looks very deliberately placed.

The card needed a little something something, so I added half pearl ornaments to the tree.

I hope everyone in the US is getting ready for a very happy Thanksgiving Day tomorrow. Blessings to you all, and many, many thanks for your continued support of my little blog.

9 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite cards of yours!! Somehow, I can never reproduce your beautifully simple style. Happy Thanksgiving to you as well :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful card. Thank you for posting so faithfully. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a great image I agree!
    Wishing you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving! Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card. May you enjoy of wonderful Thanksgiving with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful card! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really beautiful! Love the sweet elegance of this design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful card as always. A Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!