Saturday, November 27, 2010

NOT a Christmas Card

Nope. Not a Christmas card. This is a Christmas PRESENT. And there's nothing particularly Christmas-y about it, is there?


These are going to my father-in-law, who lives out west. The Bold and Free set by Mark's Finest Papers gave the perfect image for him. The feather is stamped in Memento dark brown and the pen is a Zig writer in dark brown. I accented the envelopes with the little feather in the set. The whole sheebang will go into a clear card box from Papertrey.

This set of single-panel notecards was made the old-fashioned way...I drew the lines using a template as I show in this tutorial HERE. It's a super-easy way to make a fast and extremely economical gift. I'm about to get jiggy with making a bunch of these for Christmas. It's so easy to vary the stamp image to customize the set for any loved one!

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Susan and a perfect masculine gift (there are probably a few females who wouldn't mind it either).

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely set! I read the tutorial and hope it may help me to draw a straight line. I have enjoyed all your inspiring cards this week for the OLW challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the queen of the quick, thoughtful, well-designed gift set! I enjoy them every time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delightful gift! I'm sure he'll be thrilled! I've done cards like this for gifts for the last few years and everyone loves them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great gift idea! Not too sure what jiggy means though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally love them. Might have to CASE.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant present and design. Thank you Susan, great tutorial as well. It's a lovely way to start my Sunday, rummaging through my stamps, just the best :0) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That stamp set is perfect for a western gentleman's note card set. What a thoughtful gift that will keep on giving when he sends a note to a friend or loved one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect gift. Thanks for the tutorial. I'm just finishing off Christmas cards that must be in the mail on Monday for overseas. Then I'm going to be trying to get a couple of sets of these done for friends.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!