Just a few items.
1. Jonah's second batch of cards was delivered Tuesday. He was sick (a tummy bug that passed quickly, apparently), so I didn't go inside...just left the gift bag of cards on the door knob. Hopefully, I'll be able to hand him a bag on Monday with a few more cards. Since Tuesday, eight more pieces have come in, including one from South Africa!
If you sent a card, you can check the Jonah Cards page to see if it has arrived. I add cards each day as they come in.
If you want to send a card, please use the following address: Jonah, c/o Susan Raihala, 7430 Waterway Dr., Waynesville, OH 45068. I will continue delivering as long as the cards come in!
2. I will resume posting projects/cards soon. Things have been busy with real life, and online life is taking a back seat to things like baking cookies and attending the Cincinnati Ballet's performance of The Nutcracker with my 5th-grader and his class. Who knew twerking would work in a classical ballet?
3. The cookies I make are sometimes called Mexican wedding cookies. In my family, we called them Angel Balls. When I took a plate to our Stephen Ministry party and called them by that name, only my friend Karen reacted...by almost blowing diet coke out of her nose.
Karen and I are what Anne Shirley called "bosom friends."
4. If you don't know who Anne Shirley is, go out immediately and buy Lucy Maud Montgomery's Anne of Green Gables and
5. Get a box of tissues and read this article about Cecil and Orlando. It'll do your heart good.