I needed to make a few more Christmas cards, so I looked back over previous cards and came across THIS ONE, which, upon reflection, looks a bit odd. So I decided it was time for a Christmas make-over.
My issue with the first card is simply one of harmony. The holly, with its water-color effect, doesn't quite mesh as well as I'd like with the vintage feel of the script background. I can't remember why I pulled the holly from Hero Arts Holiday Pine Boughs set, which has stylized images, and the script and sentiment from Hero Arts Vintage Christmas Post, which has vintage images. But I decided to try again using JUST images from Vintage Christmas Post.
The results are far more satisfying to my eye!
Now, the card is far more unified stylistically, and I call that a successful make-over!
I hope you all are getting ready for Christmas and feeling the spirit of the season even amidst the busyness.
Hope, peace, joy, and love!
stamps: Hero Arts Vintage Christmas Post
ink: Archival fern, potting soil, red geranium; Hero Arts wet cement
paper: Papertrey white