Monday, October 17, 2016

IC567, Take Two


My second stab at the Inspiration Challenge #567 at Splitcoast took a turn for the merry. My inspiration piece was THIS Thank-You CARD by tweedcurtain.




Tweedcurtain's card uses a watercolored multi-colored die cut over an antique handwriting background to fill the card, and a sentiment in darker ink nestled into the background. As with yesterday's card, I shrank the inspiring design to a smaller portion of the card to leave more room for white space because, well, I'm me. Since I don't have a die cut machine, it was simple enough to stamp the holly using a Kaleidacolor spectrum ink pad...not as colorful as the inspiration piece, but fitting nicely with my theme.

Then, where to put the sentiment? At first, I wanted to put the sentiment up near the berries...knew it would look weird on the top right where tweedcurtain's was. But the sentiment near the berries made the card unbalanced and top-heavy, so I shifted it to bottom right of the text area. Now, there's nice movement between those two strong spots of red and a much better sense of balance.

Tweedcurtain's lovely card is more organic and free-flowing than my linear card, but the influence is still plain to see. Thanks for the lovely inspiration!

Supplies
stamps: Hero Arts Vintage Christmas Postage and Holiday Pine Branches
ink: Kaleidacolor green and red spectrum pads, Archival shadow grey 
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: water spritz bottle



2 comments:

  1. Lovely take on the inspiration card - I like how you shrank the the design.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!